August 19, 2015
Read our top 10 low-cost or no-cost collaboration ideas that we came up with for fire engineers
Collaboration is one of the current buzzwords of the industry and there are plenty of sophisticated solutions on the market to help you improve your game. What is often lost in the blur of technology offerings is the old-school low-cost or no-cost collaboration methods which are still highly effective.
1. Pull yourself away from the computer screen and talk to your neighbour about a project you are working on.
2. Get up from your desk and walk across the room to talk to another team member about your project.
3. Get up from your desk and walk to another department and talk about a shared project.
4. Pick up the phone and talk to someone you are working on a project with.
5. Get in the car and drive to meet someone about a shared project.
6. Have a skype meeting on your phone using the office wifi.
7. Sketch something by hand then scan it and send it to a team member. Follow up with a phone call.
8. Mark something up on a photograph then send it to a team member. Follow up with a phone call.
9. Read documentation produced by another team member then talk to them about how it affects your work.
10. Send other team members your work then talk to them about it.
All of these methods are quite obvious but how many times have you emailed, texted or messaged someone in the same room as you instead of just talking to them?